Pre-arranged or Fixed Sparring (Yaksok Matsogi) is the application of TaeKwon-Do technique against an actual opponent. It is important in developing spirit, courage, reaction, visual awareness and distance. Correct stances and chambering of technique is vitally important.
This part of the syllabus has now been moved to Black Belt Grades only. Colour belt students are encouraged to practice these. Fundamental Principles:
- The sparring starts with opponents facing each other.
- Bow before commencement of the Sparring.
- Look at the opponents face at all times.
- Attack and defence is conducted alternately.
- Only one counter attack is required.
- Apply only correct TaeKwon-Do technique such as those learnt in Patterns.
For 1 Step Jumping Sparring, 2 Step Fixed Sparring and Demonstration Fixed Sparring , see the Black Belt School Page – Click HERE.