- The date and time of the next Black Belt School in 2019 will be published on the Calendar Page – Click HERE
- Can I Join Black Belt School? Open to RED BELTS with More Than 75% Colour Belt Class Attendance –
- Payment Options:
- For Kick Shields and Black Belt School Training Fees, please make cheques payable to ‘NTX Schools’
- For Black Belt Doboks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for payment details
The Black Belt School (BBS) is conducted by 5th Degree Black Belt Ranks (or higher) International Instructors and is scheduled monthly. We train and study Degree Grade Patterns, Sparring and the Black Belt Syllabus.
Under 18 Students need to be accompanied by Parent/Guardian at their 1st lesson due to the more physically and mentally demanding nature off Black Belt School Classes.
All grades attending Black Belt School require a Kick Shield. In addition, Black Belt 1st Degrees and Above require a Black Belt Dobok with Braiding. For the Black Belt School Equipment Order Forms, Click HERE.
The Classes are also open to Red Tags and above in preparation for their Degree Gradings. Once a student reaches Black Belt they are expected to train regularly at Black Belt School in order to progress through the ranks. We offer 2 hours of Black Belt School per month and expect Students to attend this along with their regular standard colour belt classes. Black Belt school alone is not enough to sustain standards in technique and fitness.
The Philosophy and Moral Culture of our Art becomes more important to Senior Grades – Click HERE for a brief introduction to this on the Philosophy Page.
Dates & Details for Training
- Usually, Black belt School Classes are on Monthly Saturdays 12-1pm at Moor Allerton Sports/Social Club.
- Click the Calendar Page HERE for more details on the dates of the Black Belt School.
- An additional payment to your regular training fees is required. The training fee is a pay-per-class basis via cheque only, payable at the start of the class (To ‘NTX Schools’) for £6 per Student (£4 per additional sibling). Your usual standing order fee for all other classes should remain in place.
- The Black Belt School is demanding – Students often say it is more intensive and physical than a regular class.
Click HERE for the Patterns Page.
Having fast moving high section kicking combinations only become effective with proper timing. When is the best ‘Time to Attack’ …
- Closing down the distance between you and your opponent and connecting our kicks. Avoiding kicking into air and wasting energy.
- Movement, instead of blocking not allowing our opponent to score any points but manouvering ourselves to a good counter position.
- Multiple techniques avoiding just doing one kick which is not enough.
- Changing the tempo of our sparring, drawing out our opponent and then quick bursts of techniques followed by a rest period.
- Use of breathing to recover quickly and not showing tiredness to our opponent.
- Finding the best times to attack, looking for weak spots in our opponents defence.
- Have a reserve of: good fitness, correct dietary carbohydrates to provide sustained energy; and hydration.
Fixed Sparring (Click on the words)
For further in formation on Fixed Sparring click HERE.
For a sample video on Demonstration Fixed Sparring at Black Belt level, see below. NTX TaeKwon-Do Schools is not responsible for the content of external websites or any physical harm, injury or other loss that may result from viewing this. We advise parental supervision, care and caution for students under 18 years.
Ask your instructor about your eligability to take a Senior Kup Grade, Star Grade or Black Belt Grading Exam. Degree Black Belt applications are accepted subject to a students thesis being handed in. This is because whilst an instructor may be able to judge physcial standard, the thesis will give an accurate insight into a students mental readiness to take the Black Belt Exam. On occasions it may be necessary to return an application and advise a student to wait and train for a longer period of time.
All Students who reach 1st Degree will be presented with an NTX TaeKwon-Do Schools Certification. Newly promoted 1st Degree Black Belts may purchase a Black Belt Dobok after continuous training at Black Belt School.
Black Belt School Training Fees
From 2017, these will be on Pay-Per-Class basis via Cheque Payment – See Black Belt Instructor for details.
1.Degree Grade Examinations
The Examination for Black Belt Degree Grades takes place every six months. Please see your Instructor for details of the Black Belt Thesis – For Questions see below. An NTX TaeKwon-Do Schools Certificate will be issued to successful candidates. A Black Belt Embroidered Dobok can be purchased from the BB School Instructor after regular training at BB School. All Under 18’s progress on the Star Grading System (see Black Belt School Handbook) – 18 Years and over progress on the Adult Black Belt Grade System. Before applying for Degree Grade Examinations, you must be able to perform all Patterns learnt so far on your own, to completion and without any assistance.
2.Senior Kup Grading Examinations
Senior Grades are 3rd Kup Red Tag and above, irrespective of age. Please refer to your Membership Handbook for Attendance Requirements prior to Senior Grading Examinations. Applications for Grading Examinations should be completed on the ‘Senior Kup Grade’ or ‘Degree Grade’ Applications, available on the Downloads Page. Before applying for Senior Kup Grade Examinations, you must be able to perform all Patterns learnt so far on your own, to completion and without any assistance.
3.Star Grade Examinations
These are provisional grades taken between 1st and 2nd Degree; and 2nd and 3rd Degree Grades. They allow Black Belt students to perform their Patterns and Sparring whilst gaining feedback before taking a full Degree Examination. There is no thesis at Star Grades. All Under 18’s progress on the Star Grading System (see Black Belt School Handbook) – 18 Years and over progress on the Adult Black Belt Grade System. Before applying for Star Grade Examinations, you must be able to perform all Patterns learnt so far on your own, to completion and without any assistance.
Grading Fees – All Ages
3rd Kup to 2nd Kup – £60
2nd Kup to 1st Kup – £60
All Black Belt Star Grades – £75
1st Degree – £90 (Minimum Age 8 Years)
2nd Degree – £90 (Student must show correct attitude and maturity, senior instructors reserve the right to hold back any student who they feel needs time to mature before 2nd Degree)
3rd Degree ( Full attendance required, assisting in instructing and tournament experience required senior instructors reserve the right to hold back any student who needs time to mature before 3rd Degree)
4th Degree – (Minimum Age 25 Years + 8 Years since 1st Degree grading date) Must hold instructor status and have full attendance and international competition experience.
Thesis for Degree Black Belt Grades
To bring on the day of your examination. The Black Belt School Instructor can advise you on your thesis ahead of the exam date. The latest on this: 1 week before your Black Belt Grading Examination.
We suggest: A4 Paper, Bound in Presentation Folder. Typed Text, Numbered Pages, Contents Page. Front page is to include the Text “Black Belt Thesis”, Your Name and the date of the examination. Photos to be used with the permission of the individual in the photograph. The thesis will be returned to you after your examination. Each Question requires a new page.